Bootstrap Editor 2 is a completely reworked product. We developed it in an attempt to overcome limitations caused by the internal architecture of the previous code (including limitations of CKEditor, TinyMCE and Bootstrap themselves).
Version 2.5.0 (Mar 7, 2018)
- Added support of XY Grid of Foundation 6 framework, machine name of this framework version is
- Multiple fixes for Foundation frameworks.
dataContainsContainerone. Now there is more correct way to explain Bootstrap Editor which type of content do you pass. Default mode is
auto. This is breaking change for SDK users who used to set
dataContainsContainer, please update your API call options.
onEncodecallbacks to API of SDK version.
- Fixes in HTML encoding/decoding content of CKEditor or TinyMCE.
Version 2.4.0 (Feb 2, 2018)
- New column type: Header + anchor.
- More accurate HTML content processing from CKEditor/TinyMCE, e. g. handling fake elements.
Version 2.3.1 (Jan 23, 2017)
- Fix incorrect processing of HTML in plain text column.
useUIFlexboxoption to turn off flexbox behavior imitation in Bootstrap 3.
- Added a number of standard buttons to TinyMCE toolbar by default.
- Some UI fixes and improvements.
- See new demos of Bootstrap Editor. Now with code samples!
Version 2.3 (Jan 4, 2017)
- TinyMCE version of Bootstrap Editor now uses TinyMCE as internal HTML editor.
- CKEditor version of Bootstrap Editor still uses CKEditor as internal HTML editor.
CKEditorConfigparameter renamed to
- From now there is no need to include
HTMLEditorConfigon change: currently these buttons are managed by
jsplusBootstrapEditoradd-on and call of Bootstrap Editor actions is being made using Nativia.
includeCKEditorParameterremoved as useless from now: there is no need to think about including editor on page, it is already included as far you use Bootstrap Editor as add-on for CKEditor/TinyMCE and internal editor is always the same.
- Fixed problem with no saving content after some actions.
- Fixed problems with editing styles of columns and rows (loosing other attributes after edit and unable to remove existing styles).
- Added filtering of temporary CKEditor/TinyMCE classes and hidding them in "Edit column" and "Edit row" dialogs (on advanced page).
- Removed confusing checkboxes inside "Add new row" dialog. All columns will have "xs" (Bootstrap 3) or default (Bootstrap 4) breakpoints by default.
- Multiple fixes for Drupal 8 module.
- Many small UI bugs fixed.
Version 2.2.4 (Dec 14, 2017)
- Method of loading internal CKEditor have been changed for TinyMCE versions.
- Improvements in dialogs subsystem (more accurate
z-indexusing, especially with TinyMCE).
- Fixed problems with adding unnecessary rows on startup when called from TinyMCE with image inside selection.
Version 2.2.3 (Dec 13, 2017)
frameworkparameter removed for CKEditor/TinyMCE version, use
frameworkparameter from Include CSS/JS add-on instead.
- Drupal 8 module updated.
- Theme fixes for Drupal.
Version 2.2.2 (Dec 5, 2017)
- Fixed bugs in "Add new row" and "Change column type" dialogs.
Version 2.2.1 (Nov 29, 2017)
- Bootstrap Editor now supports new version of Include CSS/JS add-on.
Version 2.2.0 (Oct 12, 2017)
- Added support of File Uploader add-on via Nativia mechanism.
- Machine name of plugin changed from
jsplusBootstrapEditor, planning to do this with all other products.
- Dialogs were fully unified.
Version 2.1.4 (Sep 19, 2017)
- Added opaqueRows and opaqueCols parameters to manage transparency of blocks inside BE.
- Added preInit API function to optimize loading Bootstrap Editor on a page.
Version 2.1.3 (Sep 12, 2017)
- Fixed CKEditor/TinyMCE plugin issue caused incorrect saving when using the "Edit selected block" button.
Version 2.1.2 (Sep 11, 2017)
- You can omit executing automatic saving by returning "false" in "onSave" event listener.
- "openByElement" API function's signature has changed.
Version 2.1.1 (Sep 1, 2017)
- Fixed a bug with not applying CKEditorConfig option to the internal editor.
Version 2.1 (Aug 8, 2017)
- Fixed a bug with switching from Bootstrap 4 to Bootstrap 3 after Bootstrap Editor opens when working with Bootstrap Tools (update Bootstrap Tools too).
- API changes: openByElement function now has a new parameter to handle content insertion manually.
Version 2.0.4 (May 29, 2017)
- Fixed markup for case when there is only a little data (ugly vertical UI centering).
- Removed the "Source" button from the default internal CKEditor toolbar definition (it does not work in inline mode, you can use the SourceDialog add-on for that).
Version 2.0.3 (May 25, 2017)
- Fixed a bug with the create column dialog not showing.
- Removed console error messages related to buttons enabled state of buttons.
Version 2.0.2 (May 4, 2017)
- Fixed a bug with incorrect opening when there are two TinyMCE editors on the same page.
- Better vertical scrollbar control on open.
Version 2.0.1 (Apr 14, 2017)
- Fixed bugs with displaying and centering dialogs in FireFox.
- Fixed inaccuracies in classes, styles and attributes lists.
- Fixed internal CKEditor initialization in TinyMCE plugin version.
Version 2.0 (Apr 1, 2017)
- Fully revamped and redesigned product.
- Integration with File Manager (formerly known as Alpha Manager).
- Seamless integration with CKEditor.
- Latest version of CKEditor already on board.
- Support for Bootstrap 3 and Bootstrap 4.
- Support WET Bootstrap edition.
- Support for Zurb Foundation 5 and Foundation 6.
- Added new functions to add, remove and change the order of columns.
- Added the ability to fine-tune each column and row.
- Reworked existing plugins (and more are coming).
- Plugins for CKEditor & TinyMCE has two buttons now - edit content and edit the selected row.